In uCollect we will attempt to collect the amount due on the due date (or afterwards if it is overdue). But there are times when you need to collect on a different date, or want to collect over more than one date. That's where installments come in. When you load an installment plan against an invoice uCollect will ignore the due date and the amount due (to a point) and will follow your installment plan until the invoice is paid in full.
A "one-time" installment plan is simply a single installment for the full amount due - but collected on a day other than the due date (you can use a one time installment plan to collect an amount today, rather than waiting for the due date). Installment plans also override the 6 month and the previously collected tests.
To set up an installment plan for an invoice:
- Find the contact in the Search Contact screen
- Ensure that this contact is setup with a payment gateway (if not, you will need to set that up first).
- Click on the invoice total for the contact (or any other part of the contact and then click on the Invoice tab)
- Find the invoice in question and click the "Add" link under the Installment column
- Add your installments by entering the date and the amount to be collected on that date. Each installment should be on a new line. If you need more than three installments click "Add More." To delete an installment change the amount to 0. When you are finished the total of the installments must equal the Amount Due, then click the "Save Installment Plan" button and close the invoices dialog.
When processing an installment we will collect the installment amount, or the amount due, whichever is lower. If we collect the final amount of the invoice and you still have installments left in the schedule they will be removed and we will send you an email about it.
You can see all upcoming installments for all contacts using the Installments Report (under the Reports menu).