Multi Factor Authentication
To better secure your customer data you can enable Multi Factor Authentication on your uCollect accounts. We support both Google and Microsoft authenticators.
Any user profile can activate MFA as follows:
- go to Edit, User Profile
- Check the box for "Enable MFA" and click Submit
- Using your Google or Microsoft authentication key generator scan the QR code to create the token.
- Enter the challenge key provided on your device.
- If you want uCollect to remember you on this device for 30 days check the box before hitting submit.
An organisation administrator can enforce MFA for all users by doing the following:
- Log into uCollect as an Administrator for the organisation.
- Go to Edit, Organisation Settings
- Scroll down to the MULTI-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION SETTINGS section
- Check the box "Require Multi-Factor Authentication for all users" and click submit.
Any user that does not have MFA enabled on their account will need to setup MFA before being able to login/switch to that organisation.
If you lose your MFA device you can reset your MFA settings from inside your User Profile. Just check Remove MFA. and then set it up again. If you are unable to login please contact an administrator for any of the organisations you have access to. They can reset your MFA (forcing you to set it up again on your next login) from the Edit, Organisation Settings, Users section (click the Reset MFA link beside the user name). If you are the only administrator then you will need to contact uCollect Support. You will need to supply some form of ID and be able to respond using the email account in question.