Suspending Collection for a Customer
Sometime your customer need to take a break. Whether it's just a short-term cash flow issue or a dispute, there are times when you need to stop all collections for a bit. You can easily suspend the contact from collections.
To temporarily stop collecting from a contact:
- Find the contact in the Search Contact list
- Click on the contact name
- Click on the Contact tab.
- Set the "Collection Status" option to Suspend (for stopping all collections) or "Installment only" (will still allow scheduled installments to be collected but not whole invoices without an installment plan)
- Click Submit
Now we will no longer monitor invoices for this client at all.
Suspending a contact in uCollect will NOT:
- Delete the payment profile
- Remove collection history (we store all collection history for 6 months)
- Change any data in your accounting system
- Cancel any collections that have already been sent to a gateway
If this is a permanent hold you should Remove the uCollect data for this contact.